Can you accommodate large groups?

Yes. Hacienda del Secreto can accommodate groups of 36 or more. Additional villas in Playa del Secreto can be rented to accommodate 85+ guests. $250 plus tax additional guest fee for each additional guest above the normal occupancy.

RentalNormal OccupancyMaximum Occupancy
Villa Sarita
Villa Umaki-Ha
Villa Can-Teena
Palapa Papa Jack

Where can we shop for groceries?

In Playa del Carmen there are two large grocery stores: Chedraui and San Francisco. Cancun has dozens of large grocery stores including Walmart, Sam’s Club and Costco. We can provide the service of prestocking the villa. Fee is 20% of total grocery bill.

Is driving safe?

Yes. There is a well maintained highway from Cancun all the way to Tulum. The best map of the Riviera Maya is made by Can-Do Maps and we highly recommend the purchase of this map before arrival.

Is the water safe to drink?

o, the tap water in this area is not safe to drink. The villa rental includes bottled water to serve all your drinking and cooking water needs.

Are there good hospitals, doctors or pediatricians around?

Yes, Amerimed Hospital in Cancun has an excellent pediatrician/neonatologist and the property manager can recommend other doctors and specialists.

Is it safe to eat lettuce, veggies and have ice in drinks in restaurants?

For produce – Most restaurants which cater to tourists wash their fruits and vegetables in a special way to disinfect them. Any moderately priced restaurant does this automatically.

For ice – Even basic restaurants use purchased purified ice.

How can I get Mexican pesos?

If your bank ATM money card is part of a large network (like Plus or Cirrus) you can use it in bank machines in Playa del Carmen and Cancun. The money comes directly out of your bank account and you get the best exchange rate. Otherwise, banks and money exchange offices in Playa del Carmen and Cancun can exchange your US dollars, Euros, (or other foreign currency) for pesos.

What is the weather like?

Playa del Secreto is warm for most of the year but not overwhelmingly humid. The Mayan Riviera enjoys a fairly constant temperature of 80°, but it rises into the 90s during July and August, which are also rainy months. During these months, it can get hot and humid if you venture away from the sea breeze or don’t have an air-conditioned room. The rainy season runs from June through October (which is also hurricane season). Cold fronts blowing down from the north can make temperatures fall during the coldest winter months. November through February are generally sunny. Water temperatures year-round vary from upper 70s to low 80s.

MonthAverage HighAverage LowWarmest EverColdest EverAverage Dew PointWet Days

Is the rental villa stocked with basic seasonings?

Yes there are plenty basic seasonings available at the villas.

Is a chef/cook available?

Yes. For an extra fee Chef Jose can prepare your simplest culinary request to the most elaborate. A Meal Plan is available that includes 2 Meals a day- Breakfast and your choice of Lunch or Dinner. Of course, you may order as you wish such as snacks and frozen drinks served poolside or on the beach also. Chef Jose is our Chef at Casa del Secreto but also provides services to our other villas if possible.

Where can we buy liquor?

Cases of beer, bottles of vodka, rum, tequila, gin, Margarita mix and bags of ice are all kept in stock for guest’s convenience.

What services do you offer?

  • Chef
  • Car Rental
  • Massage Therapist
  • Babysitting
  • Relaxing Spa Services including facials, massages and pedicures
  • Spa Menu | Spa Packages
  • Grocery/alcohol stocking service of villa
  • Assistance with reservations for such activities as:
    • Swimming with the dolphins
    • Snorkeling
    • Scuba diving
    • Deep-sea fishing
    • Mayan ruin tours
    • Jungle tours
    • Cenotes tours
    • Airport transportation
    • …and more. Just ask us for help.

Is topless bathing allowed?

Yes, topless sunbathing is allowed. However, for totally nude sunbathing request that you go to the far end of our mile long beach where there are no villas. Although this beach is very secluded and very lightly populated we do have some villas with children and with some adults that would frown on this being a nude beach.

Should I purchase travel insurance?

Emergency change of plans can always occur. Trip insurance is a good idea to protect your vacation investment.

What documents do I need to travel to Mexico from the US?

Traveling to Mexico as a tourist does not require a visa for US citizens, but proper identification is required. A driver’s license or a photocopy of a birth certificate are not sufficient. Traveling to the interior of Mexico (i.e. traveling outside the border area) now requires the payment of a $15 USD fee.

The Government of Mexico requires that all US citizens present proof of citizenship and photo identification for entry into Mexico. A US passport is recommended, but other US citizenship documents such as a certified copy of a US birth certificate, a Naturalization Certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or a Certificate of Citizenship are acceptable. US citizens boarding flights to Mexico should be prepared to present one of these documents as proof of US Citizenship, along with photo identification. Driver’s permits, voter registration cards, affidavits and similar documents are not sufficient to prove citizenship for readmission into the United States.

What documents do my children need to travel to Mexico from the US?

Children need proper identification just like their parents. A US Passport is recommended, but other US Citizenship documents such as a certified copy of a US Birth certificate, a Naturalization Certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or a Certificate of Citizenship are acceptable.

In an effort to prevent international child abduction, many governments have initiated procedures at entry and exit points, including requiring documentary evidence of relationship and permission of the parent(s) or legal guardian not present for the child’s travel. Parents of minor children (under 18 years old) should document carefully legal custody prior to traveling to Mexico.

If a minor child is traveling with only one parent, the absent parent should provide notarized consent. If only one parent has legal custody, that parent should be prepared to provide such evidence to airlines and Mexican authorities. In cases in which a minor child is traveling to Mexico alone or in someone else’s company, then both parents (or the sole, documented custodial parent) should provide notarized consent. If a child traveling to Mexico has a different last name from the mother and/or father, the parents should be prepared to provide evidence to airlines and Mexican authorities, such as a birth certificate or adoption decree, that they are indeed the parents.

Is there a US Embassy in Cancun?

There is a US Consular Agency in Cancun, part of the US Embassy to Mexico. The US Department of State provides information online for travelers to Mexico.

Do I need to speak Spanish?

Spanish is helpful when traveling in Mexico, but not necessary. Most people working in tourist industries such as tours, restaurants and shops do speak English as well as Spanish (and often several other languages as well). If you are interested, you could learn a few polite words of Spanish before arriving in Mexico. http://spanish.about.com/ is a helpful place to start. Por favor (please) and Gracias (thank you) are always nice to use.

Where can I find out more?

You can find out more about traveling in Mexico at Cancun South.

What is the physical address to Hacienda del Secreto?

Playa del Secreto, Lot 21-23

Carr. Federal 307, KM 312

Municipo Solidaridad

Playa del Carmen, Mexico